Monday, August 30, 2010

Furry Gloves are Cool

My apartment block in knee deep in cats. It is almost impossible to walk outside without stepping on something small and fluffy. Furthermore I think they're breeding because there have been a number of incredibly cute kittens hanging around the place lately. We have an old lady who feeds them (every apartment block has such a person) in addition to the two of her own that are legitimate residents. Some people have complained to the council about the burgeoning feline population. The council's less than helpful response was that if we caught them the council would take them away. I think if we could catch them we could probably arrange the taking away ourselves as well. So it looks like the cats are here for the duration. I don't really mind, they're quieter than some of my neighbours and they bury their own shit which is something I wouldn't trust all of my neighbours to do.

On a completely unrelated topic I suddenly realise I need some furry gloves. A woman came into the cafe (Satellite Expresso by the way, awesome place, great coffee, great cook, lovely owner; free coffee next time Ash?) wearing a pair of furry gloves. Suddenly I realise what has been missing from my life; furry gloves. Suffice it to say I am sitting here deprived of furry gloves and I feel their absence. Even the thought of furry gloves makes my life better by a small but measurable degree.

I realise I have mentioned furry gloves six times in the previous paragraph. There is the possibility that I am getting a bit obsessed. However its nothing a pair of furry gloves won't cure. Furry gloves would be cool, I could be quite the fashion plate with a pair of furry gloves or at least a fashion saucepan. There are other benefits to furry gloves as well. If I left them lying about the place, and people who have visited my flat know this is quite likely, then I could pretend I had kittens without the hassle of feeding them or training them to use kitty litter. Furry gloves could be the ideal pet for me; small, low maintenance and, above all, furry. I could give them names and cuddle them on cold Winter nights. Yes, this is the kind of thinking I do when I'm on my own.

On further reflection though I don't think it would be a good idea to keep furry gloves as pets. If I lost one of them it would be like a death in the family.

2 comments: