Thursday, June 24, 2010

Vale Muffy

My beautiful cat is dead. After a short illness she was failing so badly that the only kind thing to do was have her put down. I am devastated. I had not realised how utterly I have come to rely on her company over the past several months. She was the only thing stopping me from feeling completely alone.

Muffy was as crazy as a bedbug and possessed of interesting quirks like waking me at three in the morning demanding food. I bought her a ball with a tinkly bell in it once and she ran away from it. She had a love affair with my armchair and spent as much time on it as possible. If someone was sitting on the armchair she sat on them instead. But she was beautiful, warm and great company. Sitting in my armchair with her purring (and drooling) in my lap I felt comforted and loved.

Now she is gone and I miss her terribly. Goodbye Muffy, Radha and I loved you and we both mourn your loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment