Saturday, February 23, 2013

Happy Birthday, Have A Root Canal

So, I'm sitting here waiting for the nerve in my tooth to either recover or die.  Apparently the reckless little thrillseeker wandered a tad too close to the dentists drill and is now paying the price.  While it hovers between recovery and death it is making its displeasure felt by setting my mouth on fire.  This annoyed me at first but I must admit I'm a little more sanguine about it now.

You see while the pain continues it is a sign that my gallant little nerve hasn't given up the struggle and is clinging gamely to life.  A cessation of pain might mean that the nerve has recovered which of course would be a good thing but it could also mean the nerve has died.  This would be bad because if it does move on to the tooth nerve equivalent of the happy hunting ground the inescapable consequence would be abscess and root canal therapy.

Now every twinge in my mouth is greeted with a certain amount of relief on my part as a sign that the nerve is still in there fighting.  If it were possible I would buy a tshirt to symbolise my support of my nerve in its heroic struggle.  Take as long as you need my friend, my thoughts are with you.

On an apparently unrelated note my parents have asked me what I would like for my birthday.  I wonder how they would react if I asked for root canal therapy?  How would they wrap it?  It isn't exactly the most cheery of gifts but a bow and a cheesy card (probably with cats on it) would make all the difference.

Still with luck my gallant little nerve will triumph in its struggle against adversity, although if it does I really will have to think of something else my parents can give me for my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment