Friday, January 6, 2012

No, This Isn't About Cricket

It's been a long time since I wrote a blog entry about cricket.  I'm not going anywhere with that, I just happened to notice it.  Now that I've got that out of my system I can get on with my life or at least this blog entry.

Writing a blog is tougher than it looks although, to be fair, it isn't much tougher than it looks.  It would be different if I actually put some thought into it.  As it is I merely swap some time I would have spent doing nothing doing almost nothing instead.  I know, how can I bear the strain?

I do sometimes have difficulty thinking of things to write about.  On these occasions I tend to do the lazy thing and write about the blog itself.  This is a handy cop out and means I can ramble on for ages without having to do research (because that's such a huge part of what I do), form an opinion or even construct a coherent animal cracker.

Naturally such a self indulgent, shambling, pathetic excuse for a blog entry runs the risk of irritating my readership.  I take comfort from the fact that I know both of them and they really should know better than to expect anything else by now.  Bring me a silver bowl and I will wash my hands.

Now that my hands are all nice and clean I can kick start this entry which seems to have gone into a bit of a nosedive.  Since it didn't have much altitude to begin with it is entirely possible I could hire it out to farmers to plough fields or dig an escape tunnel for shot down airmen.  Do we still have any of those?  If we do this blog entry would be a godsend or at least a Neilsend.  This is the blog that keeps on giving, even if you don't want it.

I have now written five paragraphs and not even I know what I'm talking about anymore.  This should be disheartening but actually I find it rather liberating.  Without the unrealistic and, frankly, ridiculous requirement that one sentence should actually bear some connection to those on either side of it I can give full reign to my creative and artistic nature.  From this point on this blog entry will be one of the most exciting and challenging I have ever written.

No comments:

Post a Comment